Friday, February 01, 2013

Friday February 1, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Flowers are sunshine, food and medicine to the soul-
2-Believers eventually become achievers-
3-Habit, it not resisted, soon becomes necessity-
4-Nothing will be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome-
5-God never asks us to do anything that would be in conflict with his nature or what he has previously declared-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-If a cow could laugh would milk come out her nose?
 
I'VE LEARNED-If you aren't content with what you have, you won't be content with what you would like to have-
 
DID YOU KNOW-If you get into the bottom of a well or inside a chimney and look up, you can see stars, even in the middle of the day-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Are the 10 commandments really about relationships?
2-Why do we confuse what is urgent with what is important?
3-Why didn't Jesus bleed to death?
4-Why did Jesus have to be condemned and crucified as a criminal?
5-Could Jesus have saved himself from the cross?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Prior to his fall, what person was anointed by God?
Yesterday's answer-Samuel  1n Samuel 16:12
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    John 12:42-46
42 But many believed in Jesus, even many of the leaders. But because of the Pharisees, they did not say they believed in him for fear they would be put out of the synagogue. 43 They loved praise from people more than praise from God.
44 Then Jesus cried out, “Whoever believes in me is really believing in the One who sent me. 45 Whoever sees me sees the One who sent me. 46 I have come as light into the world so that whoever believes in me would not stay in darkness.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying man Lord Jesus, often the daily grind is not appealing as I awaken each morning to the tasks before me. Sometimes the routine seems endless and I find myself lacking fulfillment in this aspect of my life and yet it requires the majority of my time and focus. Jesus, please help me to find the hidden strength that only comes from seeking You to deal with the negative attitudes that tempt me daily. Help me also to look beyond the immediate to the deeper meaning of each day’s task. Above all, help me to keep my eyes on spiritual truths as I meditate upon Your Word and apply its meaning to my life each new day. It is in this faithful practice of placing You at the center of my focus that I can rise above the difficulties that come my way. Restore to me, this day, the joy of Your salvation and renew a steadfast spirit within me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!


No comments: