Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday February 24, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Anything that just costs money is cheap-
2-"If anyone wants to be first, they must be the very last and the servant of all"-
3-God will make you happy if you make others happy-
4-The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the happiness of believers, it's doctrine is holy, it's precepts are binding, it's history is true and it's decisions immutable-
5-Remember the years and forget the tears-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Can a man's eyes be called an academy because his pupils are there?
 
I'VE LEARNED-What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise-
 
DID YOU KNOW-H2O expands as it freezes and contracts as it melts, displacing the exact same amount of fluid in either state.  So if the northern ice cap did melt, it would cause absolutely no rise in the level of the ocean-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How do you listen to God?
2-Is there a purpose in all of life's trials?
3-Should Christians treat other believers differently than non Christians?
4-To the non Christian, what is the motivation to doing what is right?
5-When does a Christian become holy?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who had an Assyrian style altar made for the Jerusalem temple?
Yesterday's answer-Jehu of Israel   2 Kings 10:18-27
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    John 15:12-17
12 “This is my command: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 The greatest love a person can show is to die for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command you. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know what his master is doing. But I call you friends, because I have made known to you everything I heard from my Father. 16 You did not choose me; I chose you. And I gave you this work: to go and produce fruit, fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you anything you ask for in my name. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying man Father, we thank You for the wonderful gift of love that we experience in a romantic relationship that often grows into a marital bond between a man and woman. It is a holy union in which devout believers make You the Cornerstone of their marriage and family. May they be a support to each other as they provide a loving and protective shelter from the bitter disappointments of life. May the fruit of the Spirit be evident in their daily walk both at home and in public places. Keep them wholly faithful to one another, rejecting every lustful temptation the devil sends their way. May they prove their love to each other with mutual respect, understanding, forgiveness, kindness, forbearance, and unity. In the precious name of Jesus we pray.  Amen.


I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!

No comments: