Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday February 11, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-A bitter root always bears bitter fruit-
2-Bitterness grows when you bottle up anger inside you-
3-Bitterness can be more destructive than anger-
4-Resentment, bitterness and self pity build up inside of us and destroys us like a slow growing cancer-
5-Bitterness depresses you and destroys your health-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Back up my hard drive?  How do I put it in reverse?
 
I'VE LEARNED-Don't judge what you don't understand-
 
DID YOU KNOW-DuPont is the world's largest chemical company-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Does Jesus live in side of the Christian or is it the Holy Spirit?
2-How does God abide in us?
3-How do we abide in God?
4-Why do Christians so often not act and live lovingly?
5-Is there any fear in love?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What Assyrian emperor was assassinated by his sons while he was worshiping in his pagan temple?
Yesterday's answer-All believers   1 Corinthians 6:19
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY     John 13:26-30
26 Jesus answered, “I will dip this bread into the dish. The man I give it to is the man who will turn against me.” So Jesus took a piece of bread, dipped it, and gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon. 27 As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered him. Jesus said to him, “The thing that you will do—do it quickly.” 28 No one at the table understood why Jesus said this to Judas. 29 Since he was the one who kept the money box, some of the followers thought Jesus was telling him to buy what was needed for the feast or to give something to the poor.
30 Judas took the bread Jesus gave him and immediately went out. It was night.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying man Father, I want to be vigilant in equipping myself today as I battle the spiritual forces of evil. Though I wage war in this present and evil generation I have a body guard in the presence of the Holy Spirit who gives me power over the enemy of my soul. Today, I stand against the devil’s schemes because I take on the full armor of God; the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God.  As I prayerfully cover my vulnerable self with godly armor I am fully equipped with the necessary provisions to overcome discouragement, disappointment and seeming defeat. Instead I am an enduring conqueror who stands triumphant by Your grace, through our Lord Jesus Christ in whose name I pray!  Amen.

GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD

No comments: