Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday February 19, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich-
2-You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong-
3-You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift-
4-You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling the wage payer down-
5-You cannot promote the brotherhood of man by inviting hatred-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-For the ladies-Don't think of it as getting hot flashes, think of it as your inner child playing with matches-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Feelings are not facts-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The 111th element is known a unnilenilenium
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Mary ever explain to her other children who Jesus was?
2-Did any of Mary's children ever question Jesus' divine birth?
3-Is there such a thing as "worldly wisdom"?
4-Was all of Jesus' family present at his crucifixion?
5-What does it mean to be a "friend of the world"?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who asked Elisha's forgiveness for worshiping in the temple of the god Rimmon?
Yesterday's answer-The temple of Ashtoreth   1 Samuel 31:10
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   John 14:27-30
27 “I leave you peace; my peace I give you. I do not give it to you as the world does. So don’t let your hearts be troubled or afraid. 28 You heard me say to you, ‘I am going, but I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you should be happy that I am going back to the Father, because he is greater than I am. 29 I have told you this now, before it happens, so that when it happens, you will believe. 30 I will not talk with you much longer, because the ruler of this world is coming. He has no power over me, 31 but the world must know that I love the Father, so I do exactly what the Father told me to do.
“Come now, let us go.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying man Father, I consider the depth of one’s faith and how far-reaching it is when fleshed out in one’s life. Timothy’s sincere faith was due in great part to the influence of a godly grandmother and equally devoted mother. As we stay in communion with You through prayer and obedience to Your Holy Word we ask You to keep the flame burning within our hearts. It is not just compliance to Your Word, but also fervency in our spirit that will convince others of their need to walk in Your ways. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.


I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-

No comments: