Saturday, February 02, 2013

Saurday February 2, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-If we want to hear from God, we need to listen-
2-If we want to keep hearing from God, we need to do the things he has already asked us-
3-It is not your circumstances that determine your happiness, it is your state of mind-
4-Happiness and contentment are in your attitude-
5-Desire contentment in how things are today, not how they could be and you will find the satisfaction you long for-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?
 
I'VE LEARNED-Sometimes it is best to just let some things go-
 
DID YOU KNOW-When a person dies, hearing is the last sense to go.  Sight is the first sense lost-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Jesus ever have a disagreement with the father?
2-Could Jesus have called angels to save him on the cross?
3-Is God always present even if you don't feel him?
4-How do you keep your eyes on Jesus when they are full of tears?
5-How do you praise God when he is silent in your life?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Where did the men of Judah gather to anoint David as their king?
Yesterday's answer-Lucifer    Ezekiel 28:14---some translations have "the king of Tyre"-
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   John 12:47-50
“Anyone who hears my words and does not obey them, I do not judge, because I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 There is a judge for those who refuse to believe in me and do not accept my words. The word I have taught will be their judge on the last day. 49 The things I taught were not from myself. The Father who sent me told me what to say and what to teach. 50 And I know that eternal life comes from what the Father commands. So whatever I say is what the Father told me to say.”
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying man Father, we thank You for sending Jesus to live among us over 2000 years ago. We thank You for His teachings, His sinless life, and for His death on the cross that provides for our salvation.  Each of us has sinned and we know through Scripture that the penalty for our sin is death. So we thank You for Jesus who died instead for our sin. We ask for Your forgiveness as we believe and confess that Jesus is Lord, because salvation comes to us through Christ Jesus our Lord. Thank You for Your gift of salvation.
 
 
TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BLESSING. BE A FRIEND. ENCOURAGE SOMEONE. TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND.


No comments: