Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday February 12, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Anger is sometimes right and justified, but bitterness is always sinful and unjustified-
2-You will never conquer bitterness unless the problem is acknowledged-
3-Do you ever wonder why there is so much about confession in scripture?  It is because the only way the disease of sin can be healed and removed is by first acknowledging it is present-
4-Forgiveness is the only action that will heal bitterness, not revenge, spite or retaliation will do it-
5-You can forgive because God has forgiven you-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-If sports players get athletes feet, do astronauts get mistletoe?
 
I'VE LEARNED-Spend time with those you love.  Someday you will say either "I wish I had" or "I'm glad I did"-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Hydrogen is the most common atom in the universe-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Do you have to prove your love to others?
2-Can love be imitated?
3-What is the real test of love?
4-How can we not love someone and yet say we love God?
5-Are some people not loveable?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who was told in a vision to measure the temple in Jerusalem?
Yesterday's answer-Sennacherib     2 Kings 19:37
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   John 13:31-35
31 When Judas was gone, Jesus said, “Now the Son of Man receives his glory, and God receives glory through him. 32 If God receives glory through him,[a] then God will give glory to the Son through himself. And God will give him glory quickly.”
33 Jesus said, “My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and what I told the Jews, I tell you now: Where I am going you cannot come.
34 “I give you a new command: Love each other. You must love each other as I have loved you. 35 All people will know that you are my followers if you love each other.”

Footnotes:

  1. John 13:32 If . . . Him Some Greek copies do not have this phrase.
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 
Praying man Father, when You took the dust of the ground to form man and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life You had a purpose for his existence on earth. And You have a purpose for all human life. Forgive us for assuming that we know more than You, the Creator of life, in willfully choosing whether one is allowed to live and another is destined to die before one breathes his or her first independent breath. We thank You for the millions who take a visible stand for life, based not on a popular theme but on truths established in Your Holy Word. Help us to be vigilant in doing what is right and good in Your sight, even when it is inconvenient and costly to our personal lives. In our disposable society help us never to dispose of human life that You created or to dispose of truths that You intended for us to live by in favor of a political, intellectual, or financial agenda. Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-

No comments: