Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday February 18, 2013 thought for the day





HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-If you keep your mind on the Lord, that keeps you from getting it on your problems-
2-Sometimes, everything we want is opposite from everything we need-
3-Thank God that he has the wisdom to not give us all we want or ask for-
4-Dwell not on what the world has become, but on who has come to the world-
5-There are many sides to gossip, but all sides of gossip are equally bad-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-About half the stuff in my shopping cart these days says "for fast relief"-
 
I'VE LEARNED-You don't need all the answers-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The metal part at the end of a pencil is 20 percent sulfur
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Can the tongue always be controlled?
2-How do you honor the Lord with your wealth?
3-How do we submit our speaking to the control of God's spirit?
4-Why didn't Jesus chose any family members to be one of his disciples?
5-When did James (Jesus half brother) become a believer in who Jesus was?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-After Saul's death, where did the Philistines carry his armor?
Yesterday's answer-Ahab     1 Kings 16:32
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY     John 14:22-26
22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you plan to show yourself to us and not to the rest of the world?”
23 Jesus answered, “If people love me, they will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Those who do not love me do not obey my teaching. This teaching that you hear is not really mine; it is from my Father, who sent me.
25 “I have told you all these things while I am with you. 26 But the Helper will teach you everything and will cause you to remember all that I told you. This Helper is the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying man Father, we limit our faith when we pray and then expect You to provide for our needs in the natural human way. But when we read the Scriptures we’re reminded me that You are Omnipotent and You work in supernatural ways to restore broken lives and mend broken hearts. You do extraordinary things in ordinary lives who’ve plunged into desperate messes of their own making. We place our loved ones in Your hands and ask You to reveal Your immeasurable, not for sale grace to their lives, even as You have shown to us. Thank You for grace, God’s riches at Christ’s expense. Amen.

GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD


No comments: