Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday February 15, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Don't bother to be better than your contemporaries or ancestors, try to be better than yourself-
2-If you live your life worrying about the "what ifs" you'll never enjoy the "what nows"-
3-If ever there is a time when we need the Lord, it is in the good times-
4-Always be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of someone else-
5-Most of the significant things done are done by people who are too busy-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Know how to prevent sagging?  Just eat until the wrinkles fill out-
I'VE LEARNED-It is not about having it all, it is about having what you value most-
DID YOU KNOW-The ashes of the metal magnesium are heavier than magnesium itself-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How do we know if/when we are "Godly"?
2-Can there be anger in the "Godly life"?
3-How is "pure and undefiled religion" lived?
4-How can you have "ears to hear" God's word?
5-In what ways does our life demonstrate to other that we are a Christian?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What holy object was taken by the Philistines into the temple of Dagon, causing Dagon's image to fall down?
Yesterday's answer-His body  John 2:19-21
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY     John 14:8-14
Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father. That is all we need.”
Jesus answered, “I have been with you a long time now. Do you still not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. So why do you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I say to you don’t come from me, but the Father lives in me and does his own work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or believe because of the miracles I have done. 12 I tell you the truth, whoever believes in me will do the same things that I do. Those who believe will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And if you ask for anything in my name, I will do it for you so that the Father’s glory will be shown through the Son. 14 If you ask me for anything in my name, I will do it.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying man Father, it is an irrefutable spiritual truth that the human spirit is renewed and empowered day by day because Christ has chosen to store His treasure within us, His earthen jars of clay. It is because this treasure is stored within us that we do not lose hope or give up our faith when adversity strikes. Instead we show that this all-surpassing gift is from You and not of our own origin. We are more than conquerors through Christ who loves us, empowers us, and sustains us!  Praise be to God!  Amen.

SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!



No comments: