Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thursday February 14, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-It is sad that people today can be committed to the success of the church yet not really be committed to God's will-
2-God's love for people extends beyond just Christians but to the lost people everywhere also-
3-Man is never impressed with his insignificance until he compares himself with the majesty of God-
4-Unless you can create the universe in 6 days, then perhaps giving advice to God isn't such a good idea-
5-So many times it is not what you say but how you say it that turns the switch from off to on-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-My memory is not as sharp as it used to be, also, my memory is not as sharp as it used to be-
 
I'VE LEARNED-You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep rereading the last one-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Methane gas can often be seen bubbling up from the bottom of ponds.  It is produced by the decomposition of dead plants and animals in the mud-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why is it our tendency to tally our temptations and count our complaints rather than count our blessings?
2-Why do so many people blame God as the source of temptation?
3-What temptations are most difficult to resist?
4-Is temptation itself sin?
5-Are Christians ever set free from the temptations of sin?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What was Jesus talking about when he spoke of destroying the temple and raising it up in three days?
Yesterday's answer-Nebuchadnezzar   2 Chronicles 36:7
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   John 14:1-7
14 Jesus said, “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in me. There are many rooms in my Father’s house; I would not tell you this if it were not true. I am going there to prepare a place for you. After I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me so that you may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”[a]
Thomas said to Jesus, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going. So how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. The only way to the Father is through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father, too. But now you do know him, and you have seen him.”

Footnotes:

  1. John 14:4 You . . . Going. Some Greek copies read “You know where I am going and the way to the place I am going.”
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying man Father, there are numerous subject matters that are troubling to the believer as darkness continues to spread throughout our land. What a blessing to know that the darkness of sin cannot overcome the light of Truth revealed through Jesus who is the Way, the Truth, the Life.  But we, as believers, must be very careful not to distort, dilute, or digress from Your Biblical instruction. We ask that those walking in darkness will see the light of Christ shining through us. It is in Jesus’ name that we pray. Amen.
 
MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!

No comments: