Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday February 26, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-A broken heart can be mended with a thread of kindness-
2-Be a fault mender not a fault finder-
3-Cultivate your character and your reputation will take care of itself-
4-People, not things are what count-
5-Kind words bring forth kind echoes-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Who crosses the bridge of your nose?
 
I'VE LEARNED-There are always flowers for those who wish to see them-
 
DID YOU KNOW-An iceberg contains more heat than a match-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why did the Bible have to be written over 1500 years, on 3 different continents, by 40 different writers from many walks of life?
2-Is there any correlation between size and significance?
3-Is God always on time?
4-Do the 10 commandments apply to today as they did in Old Testament times?
5-To the non Christian, is there any such thing as sin?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who built the first altar?
Yesterday's answer-Hiram of Tyre    1 Kings 7:13-14
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY     John 15:20-25
20 Remember what I told you: A servant is not greater than his master. If people did wrong to me, they will do wrong to you, too. And if they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours, too. 21 They will do all this to you on account of me, because they do not know the One who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me also hates my Father. 24 I did works among them that no one else has ever done. If I had not done these works, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen what I have done, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this happened so that what is written in their law would be true: ‘They hated me for no reason.’[a]

Footnotes:

  1. 15:25 ‘They . . . Reason.’ These words could be from Psalm 35:19 or Psalm 69:4.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 Praying man Father, we thank You for those who make known the “unknown God” to the people of a foreign land or right here in our own homeland. More and more we hear of those who pray or look to a “higher power” for help in their day to day struggles. How unfortunate for them if they do not know You personally, Father God, to be the Highest Power available to all creation. From the very beginning You created a hunger within our hearts to serve you, but far too many misfeed that hunger and rather look to “gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill”. Instead we are to feed our spiritual hunger by serving You with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. As we draw near to You, You promise to draw near to us. Thank You for making Yourself known to us in Your Word as we immerse ourselves in Your truths. Amen.
 
 
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-


No comments: