Saturday, July 27, 2013

Saturday July 27, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-The best way to silence critics of Christianity is to live honorable lives-
2-When attitudes change, actions change-
3-We should praise God for the privilege of being called Christian-
4-Wealth can consume us like a fire and an uncontrolled tongue is just as incendiary-
5-Christianity isn't just a way of thinking, it is a way of living-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-I don't know how I ever got over the hill without getting to the top-
 
I'VE LEARNED-One thing you cannot recover in life is the stone after it is thrown into a body of water-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Mallard nests are sometimes built at a height of forty feet above ground-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW-
1-What would have happened if Jesus' ministry had been a full lifetime long?
2-What was the main thing that attracted people to follow Jesus?
3-The disciples advised Jesus to send the crowd away so they could buy food somewhere.  Where would 5000 people have gone?
4-How could a crowd of 5-10,000 people have gathered to be near Jesus when there was nothing to provide for their physical needs?
5-What happened to  the 12 baskets of leftovers the disciples gathered up after the people had been fed?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What man of Philippi took Paul and Silas home and was baptized by them?
Yesterday's answer-The Ethiopian eunuch   Acts 8:38
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Acts 12:4-5
After Herod arrested Peter, he put him in jail and handed him over to be guarded by sixteen soldiers. Herod planned to bring Peter before the people for trial after the Passover Feast. So Peter was kept in jail, but the church prayed earnestly to God for him.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Praying man Father, I am thankful for the inspiration of the Holy Scriptures that provides an objective and accurate guide for every season of my life. The Bible is a lamp unto my feet and a light for the path that lies before me.  It teaches, convicts, corrects, and trains me in the ways of godliness. Though many will choose other authorities to guide their lives, I choose Your Holy Book to equip me for the works You’ve called me to do in Your name. I rely on its inspired texts to sustain me in my lifetime commitment to walk in Your ways as I travel the Bible Road that leads to eternal life. Amen.



TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BLESSING. BE A FRIEND. ENCOURAGE SOMEONE. TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND.

No comments: