Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Tuesday July 9, 2013 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-To do nothing is sometimes a good action-
2-If you don't ask it is an automatic "no"-
3-Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting-
4-Growth comes when we aim for our ideal, not necessarily when we achieve it-
5-We don't know what tomorrow holds but be do know who holds tomorrow-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-If a frog can't croak does it have a human in it's throat?
 
I'VE LEARNED-You can't recycle wasted time-
 
DID YOU KNOW-At birth, a panda is smaller than a mouse and weights about four ounces-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Was the intent of the 4th commandment as given to Moses, that Sunday was only for rest alone and no labor of any kind?
2-It seems for Christians today that Sunday is a day of going to church for one hour packed in with all the other activities.  Is this satisfactory to God and what he originally intended?
3-Was the Sabbath made to meet the needs of the people or for people to meet the requirements of the Sabbath?
4-Does Messiah and Christ mean the same thing?
5-Is helping other people a holy thing?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What priest had seven sons who were casting out demons in the name of Jesus?
Yesterday's answer-Paul and barnabas  Acts 14:13
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Acts 9:40-43
40 Peter sent everyone out of the room and kneeled and prayed. Then he turned to the body and said, “Tabitha, stand up.” She opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter, she sat up. 41 He gave her his hand and helped her up. Then he called the saints and the widows into the room and showed them that Tabitha was alive. 42 People everywhere in Joppa learned about this, and many believed in the Lord. 43 Peter stayed in Joppa for many days with a man named Simon who was a tanner.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying man Father, You know how often I ask You for blessings and yet I can’t know the extent of Your limitless grace if I don’t experience the lack from my human provisions. I can’t personally know Your divine strength unless I endure human weakness. In the midst of multiple heartaches and distress You multiply Your peace and provision for my life. Help me not to resent affliction, hardship or weakness since it is in those experiences that I more clearly recognize Your immeasurable grace for all that concerns me. It is in the name of Jesus that I come to You in prayer thanking You for Your unlimited provision and immeasurable grace. Amen.


I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-

No comments: