Friday, October 04, 2013

Friday October 4, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-You learn that which you practice most-
2-Don't ask for a light load, but rather a strong back-
3-The thing that counts the most in the pursuit of happiness is choosing the right traveling companion-
4-Make yourself necessary to somebody-
5-You can tell how big a man is by how small a thing it takes to frustrate him-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay you to do it?
 
I'VE LEARNED-Sincere humility attracts, lack of humility subtracts, artificial humility detracts-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The African lungfish can live without water for up to four years-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-When is our personal account empty with God?
2-Is believing all there is to not being afraid?
3-Does the story of Jesus healing Jarius' daughter from death bring anger or sorrow to parents whose child was not healed?
4-After Jarius' daughter was healed from death by Jesus, what kind of life did she live?
5-Why do not all people who die and return to life have after death experiences?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Whom did Paul oppose when he met him in Antioch?
Today's answer-Peter    Galatians 2:11-21
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Acts 20:17-24
17 Now from Miletus Paul sent to Ephesus and called for the elders of the church. 18 When they came to him, he said, “You know about my life from the first day I came to Asia. You know the way I lived all the time I was with you. 19 The evil people made plans against me, which troubled me very much. But you know I always served the Lord unselfishly, and I often cried. 20 You know I preached to you and did not hold back anything that would help you. You know that I taught you in public and in your homes. 21 I warned both Jews and Greeks to change their lives and turn to God and believe in our Lord Jesus. 22 But now I must obey the Holy Spirit and go to Jerusalem. I don’t know what will happen to me there. 23 I know only that in every city the Holy Spirit tells me that troubles and even jail wait for me. 24 I don’t care about my own life. The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me—to tell people the Good News about God’s grace.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 
Praying man Father, help us to seek first Your kingdom and pray in the spirit so that we can live in victory even while encircled by conflict. Frequently Your shakings come to bring about personal change, but we also witness Your shakings of entire nations throughout history.  Though land, dwellings and people are destroyed due to the hardness of man’s hearts, Your kingdom is indestructible. Scripture assures us that we who believe are receiving this Kingdom that cannot be destroyed, so we come with thankful hearts and worship You today with holy fear and awe, for You, our God, are a consuming fire.  Amen.
 
 
 
SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!


No comments: