Saturday, October 19, 2013

Saturday October 19, 2013 thought for the day-from jasper




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-It is our favorite sins that that do us in-
2-A friend is more valuable than a fortune-
3-Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction-
4-How you climb the mountain is just as important as how you get down the mountain-
5-Oh, the volume of our boasting and the heartbreak of our shame-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-It is not hard to meet expenses, they are everywhere-
 
I'VE LEARNED-You have a lifetime to work, but children are only young once-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Tuna swim at a steady rate of nine miles per hour for an indefinite period of time-and they never stop moving-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Will we do other things in heaven beside worshiping God?
2-Does worshiping always include singing and praying?
3-What are angels primary responsibility?
4-Is heaven a place, a destination, a city, a country,etc?
5-Will heaven be a physical environment?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What young friend of Paul, a co-author of 1 Thessalonians, was an apostle?
Answer for today-Timothy      1 Thessalonians  1:1, 2:7
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Acts 22:17-21
17 “Later, when I returned to Jerusalem, I was praying in the Temple, and I saw a vision. 18 I saw the Lord saying to me, ‘Hurry! Leave Jerusalem now! The people here will not accept the truth about me.’ 19 But I said, ‘Lord, they know that in every synagogue I put the believers in jail and beat them. 20 They also know I was there when Stephen, your witness, was killed. I stood there agreeing and holding the coats of those who were killing him!’ 21 But the Lord said to me, ‘Leave now. I will send you far away to the other nations.’
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Praying man Father, Your divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness. It is through Your engrafted divine nature that we are able to escape the corruption in this world caused by evil desires. As we add to our faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge, and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love, then we possess these godly qualities in increasing measure and they will keep us from being swayed by the deceitfulness of the enemy who masquerades as an “angel of light.” It is in the powerful name of Jesus that we discern good from evil and it is in His strength that we are able to cast off that which hinders our spiritual growth. Amen.


TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BLESSING. BE A FRIEND. ENCOURAGE SOMEONE. TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND

No comments: