Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thursday October 17, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Every day begins with new possibilities-
2-Living for the approval of others is a weight that keeps holding you back-
3-Never let a problem to be solved be more important than a person to be loved-
4-Learn from the past, prepare for the future, live in the present-
5-Find joy in the journey-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Funny, I don't remember getting absent minded-
 
I'VE LEARNED-If you want your children to improve, let them overhear the nice things you say about them to others-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The largest species of seahorse measures eight inches-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How do we know that our labor in the Lord is not in vain?
2-Does what we do in this life have a direct carryover to the next life?
3-Will God dwell  with his people on the new earth?
4-Does the phrase "heaven and earth" refer to the entire universe?
5-Will the present earth and the entire universe be destroyed and the new earth and universe be made from nothing?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who was  bitten by a viper on the island of Malta?
Answer for today-Paul   Acts 28:1-6
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Acts 22:6-11
“About noon when I came near Damascus, a bright light from heaven suddenly flashed all around me. I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?’ I asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’ The voice said, ‘I am Jesus from Nazareth whom you are persecuting.’ Those who were with me did not understand the voice, but they saw the light. 10 I said, ‘What shall I do, Lord?’ The Lord answered, ‘Get up and go to Damascus. There you will be told about all the things I have planned for you to do.’ 11 I could not see, because the bright light had made me blind. So my companions led me into Damascus.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Praying man Father, You love us and work in our lives to accomplish Your eternally good purpose. We can have full confidence in You especially in times of suffering and senseless loss, but only as we learn to trust You. Like a master weaver, You weave the dark strands as well as the threads of gold and silver and intertwine them to accomplish Your eternally good purpose in our lives. Keep us steady, trusting, and looking to Your promise to work good in our lives in the midst of the bad that life throws our way. We’ll be better for it and can use that good to funnel Your love to others in similar pain. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
 
 
 
MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!


No comments: