Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tuesday October 29, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-The church helps us face life's problems-
2-The church helps us strengthen our faith-
3-The church helps us find our place of ministry-
4-All Christians are "called" from God to live and help spread the gospel-
5-We should not be shy in talking about spiritual things with other people-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-What was the best thing before sliced bread?
 
I'VE LEARNED-Growing requires risk and risk sometimes includes failure.  Failure is often an opportunity to learn and grow
 
DID YOU KNOW-The electric eel is the most shocking animal on earth.  The larger the eel, the bigger the charge-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Can humans understand the concept of eternity?
2- Is eternity and infinity related?
3-Was a day in Adam and Eve's time a 24 hour period?
4-Will the new earth have a day and night cycle?
5-Will the new earth have weather patterns as we do now?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who founded the church at Colossae?
Answer for today-Epaphras   Colossians 1:7
 
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Acts 23:23-30
23 Then the commander called two officers and said, “I need some men to go to Caesarea. Get two hundred soldiers, seventy horsemen, and two hundred men with spears ready to leave at nine o’clock tonight. 24 Get some horses for Paul to ride so he can be taken to Governor Felix safely.” 25 And he wrote a letter that said:
26 From Claudius Lysias.
To the Most Excellent Governor Felix:
Greetings.
27 Some of the Jews had taken this man and planned to kill him. But I learned that he is a Roman citizen, so I went with my soldiers and saved him. 28 I wanted to know why they were accusing him, so I brought him before their council meeting. 29 I learned that these people said Paul did some things that were wrong by their own laws, but no charge was worthy of jail or death. 30 When I was told that some of them were planning to kill Paul, I sent him to you at once. I also told them to tell you what they have against him.


I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-


No comments: