Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Tuesday October 1, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-The basic principles of good financial stewardship are: have a plan, spend less than you make, avoid consumer debt, save for the unexpected, be generous, learn contentment-
2-The lies and temptations of our culture are: things bring happiness, debt is expected and a little more money will solve our problems-
3-Jesus wants to change you so he can use you to change others-
4-Jesus doesn't need to be defended, just introduced-
5-Take care when drinking from someone else's cup of knowledge-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Never put both feet into your mouth at the same time because then you won't have a leg to stand on-
 
I'VE LEARNED-It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to be kind to others-
 
DID YOU KNOW-More species of fish live in a single tributary of the Amazon River than in all the rivers in North America combined-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is it possible to live a life without fear?
2-Is fear ever healthy?
3-When Jesus went into a boat with some disciples he went into the stern and went fast asleep.  Did he know the storm was coming?
4-Was Jesus sleeping in a boat a pre planned sleep so he could teach a lesson or an accidental falling asleep because he was so tired?
5-Is God ever asleep when we are in a storm?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What was Barnabas' original name?
Today's answer-Joseph   Acts 4:36
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Acts 20:1-6
 When the trouble stopped, Paul sent for the followers to come to him. After he encouraged them and then told them good-bye, he left and went to the country of Macedonia. He said many things to strengthen the followers in the different places on his way through Macedonia. Then he went to Greece, where he stayed for three months. He was ready to sail for Syria, but some evil people were planning something against him. So Paul decided to go back through Macedonia to Syria. The men who went with him were Sopater son of Pyrrhus, from the city of Berea; Aristarchus and Secundus, from the city of Thessalonica; Gaius, from Derbe; Timothy; and Tychicus and Trophimus, two men from Asia. These men went on ahead and waited for us at Troas. We sailed from Philippi after the Feast of Unleavened Bread. Five days later we met them in Troas, where we stayed for seven days.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Praying man Father, You are the only source of eternal life to whom I can cling.  I am confident that You will be with me to the end of my life here on this earth.  I am grateful for the many people who bring me support, encouragement and companionship along the way.  They’re a source of great joy as they enrich my life daily.  But as I grow older I’m recognizing that nothing stays the same and much of what I came to rely on is no longer available to me.  Losses of very dear people are now but a memory. And many things that once captured my attention are but a passing interest as I reflect upon the passing years.  I find great comfort as I cling to the words of the 73rd Psalm, “Whom have I in heaven but Thee, and there is none that I desire on earth beside Thee.  My flesh and my heart, they may fail but You are the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Thank You for being my all in all. Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-


No comments: