Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thursday October 24, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Disappointments are like road bumps, they slow you down a bit but you enjoy the smooth road afterwards-
2-You can't make someone love you, they must realize your worth-
3-The measure of love is when you love without measure-
4-It is better to lose your pride to the one you love than to lose the one you love because of pride-
5-We spend way too much time looking for the right person to love and finding fault with those we already love.  Instead, we should be perfecting the love we give-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do practice?
 
I'VE LEARNED-Grace doesn't remove the consequences of our sin, it eliminates the shame and guilt from our sin-
 
DID YOU KNOW-A forty two foot sperm whale has about seven tons of oil in it-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Will all areas of heaven be made out of the same material?
2-Will all streets in heaven lead to the throne of God?
3-Is there more than one "tree of life" in heaven since Revelations states "on each side of the river stands the tree of life"?
4-Is "paradise" a literal place other than heaven?
5-If the new heaven is to be located on the new earth, will it also circle the sun as our present earth does?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-At what church was Paul accused of turning the world upside down?
Answer for today-Thessalonica    Acts 17:6
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Acts 23:4-6
The men standing near Paul said to him, “You cannot insult God’s high priest like that!”
Paul said, “Brothers, I did not know this man was the high priest. It is written in the Scriptures, ‘You must not curse a leader of your people.’”[a]
Some of the men in the meeting were Sadducees, and others were Pharisees. Knowing this, Paul shouted to them, “My brothers, I am a Pharisee, and my father was a Pharisee. I am on trial here because I believe that people will rise from the dead.”

Footnotes:

  1. 23:5 ‘You . . . People.’ Quotation from Exodus 22:28.
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Praying man Father, I thank You for deliverance from the dominion of darkness and being transferred into the kingdom of Your Son where I find redemption, the forgiveness for my sins.  It is in Your holy Kingdom that my heart is transformed from an earthly nature to that of a heavenly nature.  As I walk in newness of life I must deny myself of any sinful craving for that which was familiar to my earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed. “I am resolved no longer to linger, charmed by the world’s desires. Things that are higher, things that are nobler; these have allured my sight.” Remind me of this lifelong resolve when I am tempted to give up that which brings lasting joy for that which brings momentary pleasure. In the name of Jesus I pray.  Amen.


MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!


No comments: