Monday, November 23, 2015

Monday November 23, 2015 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-All I have seen teaches me to trust the creator for all I have not seen-
2-A child is someone who passes through your life and then disappears into an adult-
3-Don't shed fresh tears over old wounds-
4-Being a Biblical Christian is more than being a cultural Christian-
5-You cannot accept Christ and also hold on to worldly ways-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Working vacation-
 
I'VE LEARNED-We must never treat God as common or ordinary-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Orange juice helps the body absorb  iron easily when consumed with a meal-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How do we "glorify God" in our body?
2-Is the term "be filled with the spirit" a command or a goal?
3-Can we be filled with the Holy Spirit while we have unconfessed sin in our life?
4-Is "being filled with the presence of God" the same as "being filled with the Holy Spirit"?
5-What is an authentic Christian life?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-This new testament passage is from what old testament book-"That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them"     Mark 4:12
Answer for today     Isaiah 6:9
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY        Luke 16:1-4
16 Jesus also said to his followers, “Once there was a rich man who had a manager to take care of his business. This manager was accused of cheating him. So he called the manager in and said to him, ‘What is this I hear about you? Give me a report of what you have done with my money, because you can’t be my manager any longer.’ The manager thought to himself, ‘What will I do since my master is taking my job away from me? I am not strong enough to dig ditches, and I am ashamed to beg. I know what I’ll do so that when I lose my job people will welcome me into their homes.’
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 Praying man Father, You created us to be people who function and thrive by light.  Your placement of the sun by day and the moon by night is the way You provide for our physical needs enabling us to see clearly as we carry out our multitude of duties.  As important as light is for the eyes to see, it is even more essential that the eyes of our heart see the magnificent light of Your glory.  As we walk in Your light we will be able to discern that which is evil from that which is good.  We know that goodness cannot partner with wickedness for there is no harmony between You and the devil so help us to be consistent not only in what we speak but the manner in which we live so that the fruit of light is evident in all we do.  In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen
 
MAY YOU HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO MAKE YOU SWEET, ENOUGH TRIALS TO MAKE YOU STRONG, ENOUGH SORROW TO KEEP YOU HUMAN AND ENOUGH HOPE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY-

No comments: