Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Wednesday November 11, 2015 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-The self centered see everything through self-
2-Selfishness is an obsession with self that excludes and hurts others-
3-Love builds up relationships, selfishness destroys them-
4-Anger and rejection go hand in hand-
5-Don't focus on yourself, focus on who you are in Jesus-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-speedy brakes-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Actions speak louder than words-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The avocado has the most calories of any fruit-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is belief in Jesus by itself enough to guarantee salvation, or must you also be a "good deed doer"?
2-What did the word "works" refer to as used in the book of James? Was it acts of charity or ritual aspects of Jewish law?
3-How many brothers did Jesus have and what were their names?
4-Whose DNA did Jesus have?
5-The author of the book of Revelations is John, but is he the John of the Gospel of John?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-This new testament passage is from what old testament book-"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoreth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me"     Matthew 15:8
Answer for today     Isaiah 29:13
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    Luke 14:1-6
14 On a Sabbath day, when Jesus went to eat at the home of a leading Pharisee, the people were watching Jesus very closely. And in front of him was a man with dropsy.[a] Jesus said to the Pharisees and experts on the law, “Is it right or wrong to heal on the Sabbath day?” But they would not answer his question. So Jesus took the man, healed him, and sent him away. Jesus said to the Pharisees and teachers of the law, “If your child[b] or ox falls into a well on the Sabbath day, will you not pull him out quickly?” And they could not answer him.

Footnotes:

  1. 14:2 dropsy A sickness that causes the body to swell larger and larger.
  2. 14:5 child Some Greek copies read “donkey.”
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 Praying man Father, Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.  I have hidden Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You. Direct me in the path of Your commands, for there I find delight. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to Your Word. Let me live that I may praise You and may Your laws sustain me. My heart is set on keeping Your decrees to the very end.  Amen.
 
LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!

No comments: