Saturday, November 14, 2015

Saturday November 14, 2015 thought for the day





    HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Today's guilt is tomorrows fear-
2-Cain had anger (rage) in his heart before he had blood on his hands-
3-The Pharisees rejected Jesus in their hearts before they had him killed on a cross-
4-You are not a victim of your thoughts-
5-Just because there is trash on the dock doesn't mean you have to have trash on your ship-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Taped live-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Whatever financial situation you are in, don't depend on money to make you happy-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Approximately seventeen thousand bananas are eaten each week in the Boston University dining room-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Does God see any sin worse than the others-
2-In scripture, how many times does Jesus say "I am" and then tells what he is-
3-How many people in the Bible got new names?
4-Is love alone reason enough to marry someone?
5-What does scripture mean "cast your bread on the water, for you will find it after many days"?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-This new testament passage is from what old testament book-"The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner"?    Matthew 21:42
Answer for today    Psalm 118:22
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    Luke 14:15-24
15 One of those at the table with Jesus heard these things and said to him, “Blessed are the people who will share in the meal in God’s kingdom.”
16 Jesus said to him, “A man gave a big banquet and invited many people. 17 When it was time to eat, the man sent his servant to tell the guests, ‘Come. Everything is ready.’
18 “But all the guests made excuses. The first one said, ‘I have just bought a field, and I must go look at it. Please excuse me.’ 19 Another said, ‘I have just bought five pairs of oxen; I must go and try them. Please excuse me.’ 20 A third person said, ‘I just got married; I can’t come.’ 21 So the servant returned and told his master what had happened. Then the master became angry and said, ‘Go at once into the streets and alleys of the town, and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind, and the lame.’ 22 Later the servant said to him, ‘Master, I did what you commanded, but we still have room.’ 23 The master said to the servant, ‘Go out to the roads and country lanes, and urge the people there to come so my house will be full. 24 I tell you, none of those whom I invited first will eat with me.’”
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 Praying man Father, You have placed authority figures in our lives from birth to our final days on earth. Some bless us greatly while others challenge us fiercely. In areas where You have given us the privilege of being an authority figure may we be responsible role models, for we know it is not just the talk that people hear, but the walk that people see.  As we are called to submit to our family, spiritual leaders, employer, and governmental leaders may we do so with cheerfulness so that we are a blessing rather than a grievous burden. But when those to whom we submit conflict with our supreme authority we pray for conviction and courage to stand for righteousness in obedience to Your commands, for we must obey God rather than men.  We pray for the fortitude to carry this out in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior. Amen.
 
 
TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BESSING, BE A FRIEND, ENCOURAGE SOMEONE, TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND-

I would like to be a "could be"If I could not be an "are"
I would rather be a "has been"
Than a "might have been" by far
For a "might have been" has never been
While a "has been" was an "are".

No comments: