Sunday, November 01, 2015

Sunday November 1, 2015 thought for the day




 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-What Satan means for evil, God can use for good-
2-People will be judged on the basis of light they had, not on light they never saw-
3-The saddest road to Hell runs under the pulpit, past the Bible and through the midst of warnings and invitations-
4-God's judgement is based on the response to the message received-
5-God doesn't hold us responsible for what he doesn't tell us-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-pretty ugly-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Treat others with the same fairness you demand for yourself-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Onions get their distinctive smell by soaking up sulfur from the soil-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Jesus demanded his disciples give everything away and they did.  Does he expect that of is today?
2-Could Christians today give more than we do, if we weren't so attached to things and deeply in debt?
3-Why do Christians today want to live at the same level of economic success as our unchristian friends?
4-Why is there not more stories of Jesus and his mother in the Bible?
5-Why was a woman's place in first century Jewish society clearly limited.  She had little more status than a slave, had children and maintained the proper dietary laws at home and had no right of possession?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-This new testament passage is from what old testament book-"Himself took our iniquities, and bore our sickness"    Matthew 8:17
Answer for today     Isaiah  53:4
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    LUKE 13:1-5
13 At that time some people were there who told Jesus that Pilate[a] had killed some people from Galilee while they were worshiping. He mixed their blood with the blood of the animals they were sacrificing to God. Jesus answered, “Do you think this happened to them because they were more sinful than all others from Galilee? No, I tell you. But unless you change your hearts and lives, you will be destroyed as they were! What about those eighteen people who died when the tower of Siloam fell on them? Do you think they were more sinful than all the others who live in Jerusalem? No, I tell you. But unless you change your hearts and lives, you will all be destroyed too!”
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 Praying man Father, it seems in this pluralistic society that many people waver between two opinions, therefore dividing their loyalties. Elijah challenged the people of his day, “If the Lord is God, follow Him”. Help me to thirst and hunger for Your Living Word where I find convincing truths to assure me, “This is the way. Walk in it.” I want to keep my heart fixed upon You and my mind certain of Your truths in this age where false religions abound and the broad way continues to widen. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life and I gain entry to You, my Father, only through Jesus the Son. I’ve got a made up mind and I’m going to follow You during the good and the bad times, the lean and plentiful periods. Whether I stand with many or stand alone, I choose to wholeheartedly follow You. In the name of Jesus I pray.  Amen.
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART-PEACE IN YOUR SOUL- JOY IN YOUR LIFE-ALWAYS-

No comments: