Sunday, November 29, 2015

Sunday November 29, 2015 thought for the day




 
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Imitation is not duplication-
2-Hype is not holiness-
3-God is greater than my tragedy-
4-If you reject God's provision you reject God-
5-Sometimes God lets us struggle with the oars of our boat of life until we recognize our dependence on him-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-A printer consists of three main parts-the case, the jammed paper tray and the blinking red light-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Spend time with people who are a little better than you-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Coffee is the world's most popular stimulant-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What makes me a Christian?
2-When does the believer receive the Holy Spirit-at the time of receiving Jesus as their savior or at some later time?
3-Do we have to ask God to give us the Holy Spirit?
4-How do we know God is at work in our life?
5-What does scripture mean saying "I live in him and he lives in me?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-This new testament passage is from what old testament book- "I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered"?  Mark14:27
Answer for the day   Zechariah 13:7
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY   Luke 16:19-25
19 Jesus said, “There was a rich man who always dressed in the finest clothes and lived in luxury every day. 20 And a very poor man named Lazarus, whose body was covered with sores, was laid at the rich man’s gate. 21 He wanted to eat only the small pieces of food that fell from the rich man’s table. And the dogs would come and lick his sores. 22 Later, Lazarus died, and the angels carried him to the arms of Abraham. The rich man died, too, and was buried. 23 In the place of the dead, he was in much pain. The rich man saw Abraham far away with Lazarus at his side. 24 He called, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me! Send Lazarus to dip his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am suffering in this fire!’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember when you were alive you had the good things in life, but bad things happened to Lazarus. Now he is comforted here, and you are suffering.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 Praying man Father God, You physically reign in a place invisible to my eyes while Your Holy Spirit with His invisible qualities is at work deep within my heart. Though I cannot see You I recognize Your masterful handiwork. Though I cannot touch You I feel Your divine presence. Only a God like You is great enough to mastermind the universe, yet small enough to live within my heart. Father, You have made Your wonders to be remembered and appreciated. You are gracious and compassionate; Your presence is seen and felt everywhere. I acknowledge You as the Creator of the universe and the Light of my life, for You are my Lord and Master from eternity past to all eternity future.  Amen.
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART-PEACE IN YOUR SOUL- JOY IN YOUR LIFE-ALWAYS-

No comments: