Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday October 29, 2009 thought for the day


A PRETTY SCENE

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Nothing is ever lost through courtesy-
2-When you are at peace with yourself, anyplace is home-
3-God expresses his love through people-
4-Forgiveness is the fragrance that the trampled flower gives back to the foot that tramples it-
5-Your faith should not stand in the wisdom of man but in the power of God-

STRANGE THOUGHT-Life is like a taxi, the meter keeps ticking along whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still-

I'VE LEARNED-Opportunities are rarely labeled opportunities-

5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Would Zacharias and Elizabeth have lived to see their son John as an adult?
2-Are there any other writings of biblical times that have equal importance with those in our bible?
3-A Nazarite was to refrain from grapes and their by products, cutting their hair and touching a dead body--How did this consecrate them to holy service to God?
4-Were James and John cousins?
5-Was Salome a sister of Mary?

BIBLE TRIVIA-What is the first commandment of the bible?
Yesterday's answer-Eutychus, who dozed off and fell out of a window during Paul's sermon (Acts 20:9)

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY PSALM 92:9-15
9 Lord, surely your enemies, surely your enemies will be destroyed, and all who do evil will be scattered.
10 But you have made me as strong as an ox. You have poured fine oils on me.
11 When I looked, I saw my enemies; I heard the cries of those who are against me.
12 But good people will grow like palm trees; they will be tall like the cedars of Lebanon.
13 Like trees planted in the Temple of the Lord, they will grow strong in the courtyards of our God.
14 When they are old, they will still produce fruit; they will be healthy and fresh.
15 They will say that the Lord is good. He is my Rock, and there is no wrong in him.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER




No comments: