Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Tuesday October 6, 2009 thought for the day


A PRETTY FALL DAY
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-A disciple is not called to a program of self development but to service and suffering-
2-Peace does not silence your pain, you have peace in the midst of your pain-
3-There is no time like the present to build a future from the past-
4-Children don't want someone to tell them, they want someone to lead them-
5-You can never become who you want to be until you change who you used to be-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Government can easily exist without laws, but law cannot exist without government-
I'VE LEARNED-Perception is not necessarily reality-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why were the gospels written so long after Jesus' life?
2-Can you have a dormant or inactive faith?
3-Is it sin to doubt and question?
4-Can man's "sinful nature" ever be destroyed or removed?
5-Why is God so slow in bringing judgement on the evil in this world?
BIBLE TRIVIA-According to Psalm 126, what caused laughter among the Jews?
Yesterday's answer-Bildad (Job 8:21)
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY PSALM 81
1 Sing for joy to God, our strength; shout out loud to the God of Jacob.
2 Begin the music. Play the tambourines. Play pleasant music on the harps and lyres.
3 Blow the trumpet at the time of the New Moon, when the moon is full, when our feast begins.
4 This is the law for Israel; it is the command of the God of Jacob.
5 He gave this rule to the people of Joseph when they went out of the land of Egypt. I heard a language I did not know, saying;
6 "I took the load off their shoulders; I let them put down their baskets.
7 When you were in trouble, you called, and I saved you. I answered you with thunder. I tested you at the waters of Meribah.
8 My people, listen. I am warning you. Israel, please listen to me!
9 You must not have foreign gods; you must not worship any false god.
10 I, the Lord, am your God, who brought you out of Egypt. Open your mouth and I will feed you.
11 But my people did not listen to me. Israel did not want me.
12 So I let them go their stubborn way and follow their own advice.
13 I wish my people would listen to me; I wish Israel would live my way.
14 Then I would quickly defeat their enemies and turn my hand against their foes.
15 Those who hate the Lord would bow before him. Their punishment would continue forever.
16 But I would give you the finest wheat and fill you with honey from the rocks."
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER





No comments: