Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday August 17, 2012 thought for today






HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Jesus didn't say "don't have enemies", he said "love your enemies"-
2-To love an enemy is not to support their prejudices against you either by default or design-
3-Violence breads violence but so does appeasement-
4-Most wars are not the poor fighting the rich but rather the rich fighting the rich using the poor-
5-What the nations of the world need is a peace conference with  the prince of peace-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Sometimes you just have to let the bridge burn so you can start anew-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Silence is not the same as peace.  Silence is the absence of noise and peace is the presence of God-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The Tom Thumb golf course was the first miniature golf course in the United States.  It was built in 1929 in Chattanooga, Tennessee, by John Garnet Carter-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Jesus said "Don't worry about you are going to wear" so why do we spend so much money buying new clothes and concerning ourselves on how we look?
2-Jesus said "Don't worry about tomorrow" but should we be concerned about tomorrow and what is the difference?
3-Does God provide the Christian with everything they need?
4-What did Jesus mean by saying "Let tomorrow worry about itself"?
5-Does not worrying mean not planning?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who had one of his army killed in order to cover up an adulterous affair?
Yesterday's answer-Stephen  Acts 7:58-59
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY      25:42-45
 
42 I was hungry, and you gave me nothing to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me nothing to drink. 43 I was alone and away from home, and you did not invite me into your house. I was without clothes, and you gave me nothing to wear. I was sick and in prison, and you did not care for me.'
    44 "Then those people will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or alone and away from home or without clothes or sick or in prison? When did we see these things and not help you?'
    45 "Then the King will answer, 'I tell you the truth, anything you refused to do for even the least of my people here, you refused to do for me.'

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, we consider Jesus’ solemn warning that “due to the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved”. We want to be diligent to make our calling and election sure so that no enemy or deceiver shall ever prevail against us, causing our hearts to harden toward that which we learn through the Scriptures. Though troubles assail us daily our hearts are not weighed down when we cast all our daily cares upon You who cares for us. We are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus who loves us unconditionally and gave His all for us completely. It is in His name that we pray. Amen.

SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!



No comments: