Sunday, August 05, 2012

Sunday August 5, 2012 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-If you could be perfect, you would have no need of a savior-
2-Every person is born with what seems to be a design flaw-
3-Without mistakes there is no way to learn and grow-
4-What is truly sad is to have such tunnel vision to see only others faults-
5-Be thankful for your weaknesses for it is through them that you learn life's lessons of love and humility-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Humans are the only creatures who cut down trees, make paper from it and then write on it "save the trees"-
 
I'VE LEARNED-A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Green Bay Packers backup quarterback Matt Hasselbeck has been struck by lightening twice in his life-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Were the pharisees self righteous people?
2-Do denominational Christians today tend to be self righteous people?
3-Were the pharisees good people who went to extremes and legalistic behavior in trying to please God?
4-What angered the pharisees the most about Jesus?
5-Did Jesus dismiss the pharisee's tradition as unnecessary or unimportant?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What paranoid king ordered the execution of the infants in Bethlehem?
Yesterday's answer-Joshua   8:12-22
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY  Matthew 24:26-31
26 "If people tell you, 'The Christ is in the desert,' don't go there. If they say, 'The Christ is in the inner room,' don't believe it. 27 When the Son of Man comes, he will be seen by everyone, like lightning flashing from the east to the west. 28 Wherever the dead body is, there the vultures will gather.
    29 "Soon after the trouble of those days,
    'the sun will grow dark,
       And the moon will not give its light.
    The stars will fall from the sky.
       And the powers of the heavens will be shaken.' Isaiah 13:10; 34:4
    30 "At that time, the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky. Then all the peoples of the world will cry. They will see the Son of Man coming on clouds in the sky with great power and glory. 31 He will use a loud trumpet to send his angels all around the earth, and they will gather his chosen people from every part of the world.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Lord, transform my mind so that I am no longer conformed to this age. Move me in such a way, Lord, that I can un-conform to anything that is not a part of you or pleasing to you.
Wash my mind with your spirit and wisdom. Renew my mind so I am transformed by your power. I confess I do not have the ability to transform myself into someone holy before you. I cannot will it to be so. Develop my ability to discern your will and energize me to do things that are pleasing to you.
Father, I pray this prayer for my family, that we will no longer be so “well-adjusted to our culture that we fit into it without even thinking” (Romans 12:2 MSG). We want to be God-adjusted within the culture of our home, neighborhood, and community.
Lord, compel us to fix our attention on you — our God, the Holy One of Israel. Change us from the inside out. Help us to drop the weapons of the flesh we still wield when we feel threatened or confused. Teach us to pick up and use the many weapons of the Spirit you provide.
My King, we are your sons and daughters. Help us to grow to maturity and the fullness of faith.

I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!


No comments: