Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Wednesday August 1, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist-
2-Faith does not grow in the house of certainty-
3-Love that is forced is no love at all-
4-It is not the nature of love to force a relationship-
5-Most emotions are responses to perception-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Do fishermen live in a reel world?
 
I'VE LEARNED-To ignore the facts does not change the facts-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Anise is the scent on the artificial rabbit that is used in greyhound races-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What is the effect of a broken promise?
2-Is there ever a basis for not keeping a promise?
3-How generous should a Christian be to the needs of others?
4-Jesus taught to "turn the other cheek".  How literal was it to be taken?
5-Can you pray and/or fast for the wrong reasons?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What city had a riot on behalf of the goddess Artemis?
Yesterday's answer-Nazareth   Luke 4:29
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY     Matthew 24:1-3
 1 As Jesus left the Temple and was walking away, his followers came up to show him the Temple's buildings. 2Jesus asked, "Do you see all these buildings? I tell you the truth, not one stone will be left on another. Every stone will be thrown down to the ground."
 3 Later, as Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, his followers came to be alone with him. They said, "Tell us, when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that it is time for you to come again and for this age to end?"

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Loving Father, I am full of gratitude today as I consider Your abiding presence in my life, day in and day out.  You planned my existence in my mother’s womb even before I drew my first breath.  While so many people have come into my life and exited over the years You abide with me forever.  When the path before me is unclear You always go before me sustaining me in my wilderness journeys. Though all forsake me You remain faithful.  Remarkable as it seems, even if I  am faithless, You will remain faithful, for You cannot deny Yourself.  Thank You for being my Supreme Savior and the Sustainer of my soul.  In Jesus Name, Amen.”

LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!


No comments: