Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday August 13, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-It is better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot-
2-Knowledge is knowing facts, wisdom is knowing what to do with the facts you know-
3-A wise man appears ridiculous in the company of fools-
4-A word to the wise is sufficient but to the foolish you have to be more specific-
5-The greatest form of wisdom is never to worry about the future but to resign ourselves entirely to God's will-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Isn't it strange that the more food you eat the more your clothes shrink-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Let your past mistakes guide you and not define you-
 
DID YOU KNOW-In the United States there are more than 10,000 golf courses-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why do we say "I know how you feel" to someone when we haven't been through the same ordeal?
2-How does God make his presence known to us today?
3- What helps us experience God's presence?
4-Why did God tell Samuel what he was going to do to Eli's family?  Why didn't he tell Eli directly?
5-Were there any other boys besides Samuel that Eli was raising?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who did Rechab and Baanah murder to get in good with David?
Yesterday's answer-Moses   Exodus 2:12
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Matthew 25:24-27
24 "Then the servant who had been given one bag of gold came to the master and said, 'Master, I knew that you were a hard man. You harvest things you did not plant. You gather crops where you did not sow any seed. 25 So I was afraid and went and hid your money in the ground. Here is your bag of gold.'26 The master answered, 'You are a wicked and lazy servant! You say you knew that I harvest things I did not plant and that I gather crops where I did not sow any seed. 27 So you should have put my gold in the bank. Then, when I came home, I would have received my gold back with interest.'
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, it is in You that we live and move and have our being. As You breathed life into us You also determined the parents who would bring us into this world, where we would live, the language we would speak, and the culture that would help shape our way of life as we know it. In Your great mercy You have chosen to show Your power through us who believe so that Your name may be declared in all the earth. By Your grace we will be faithful in carrying out this tremendous mission You have entrusted to those who believe. We pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.
 
 
GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD-


No comments: