Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday August 25, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Our relationship to God must be filled with our obedience to him-
2-Jesus does what we cannot do so we can be what we dare not dream, be perfect before God-
3-All good and healthy relationships have standards, rules and guidelines by which they operate-
4-As we discover how great the love of God is, our obedience to him is not a matter of duty
   but of willing choice which comes from our love for him-
5-My love for God should influence everything I do-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Husbands, if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you to-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Just one person saying to me "You've made my day!" makes my day-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Canada is the only country not to win a gold medal in the Simmer Olympic Games while hosting the event-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Was Jonah spending three days in the belly of a large fish symbolic of Jesus spending three days in the grave?
2-How long did Jesus actually spend in the grave?
3-Was Jonah and Jesus' message the same--repentance?
4-What did Jesus mean saying "Anyone who does God's will is my brother, sister and mother"?
5-What was the reason Jesus spoke so much in parables?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who killed Amasa after holding his beard and kissing him?
Yesterday's answer-He cut her into twelve pieces and sent a piece to each tribe of Israel-   Judges 19
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Matthew 26:31-35
31 Jesus told his followers, "Tonight you will all stumble in your faith on account of me, because it is written in the Scriptures: 
    'I will kill the shepherd, 
       And the sheep will scatter.' — Zechariah 13:7 
32 But after I rise from the dead, I will go ahead of you into Galilee."
 33 Peter said, "Everyone else may stumble in their faith because of you, but I will not."
 34 Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, tonight before the rooster crows you will say three times that you don't know me."
 35 But Peter said, "I will never say that I don't know you! I will even die with you!" And all the other followers said the same thing.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, there are many goals, deadlines, and expectations we meet as we tarry here below. But there’s one goal yet unmet that will carry us to the very end of our lives here, and that’s to cross over the finish line that transports us from our temporal dwelling to our place of eternal rest. Rest from all that troubles us, a place where we will no longer taste of death, sickness, evil or sorrow. But until then we rejoice in knowing that Christ our Redeemer lives. He walks with us through every trial, every heartache, and every temptation that our enemy, the devil, hurls at us. We are victors through Christ Jesus our Lord in whose name we pray. Amen.

TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BLESSING. BE A FRIEND. ENCOURAGE SOMEONE. TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND.


No comments: