Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday April 18, 2014 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Stuff is the chief competition to our devotion to God-
2-Money doesn't buy happiness, it steals your peace-
3-If you are worried about your financial situation, money is your God-
4-We worry because we're not sure God knows and cares about our situation-
5-Giving guards against greed-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes?
 
I'VE LEARNED-You must discipline your behavior to achieve a life of quality-
 
DID YOU KNOW-One in 10 people are arrested every year in the United States-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Wasn't Samson smart enough to understand that Delilah was trying to trick him?
2-How many times did Delilah have to nag Samson for the secret to his strength before he gave in?
3-Samson was called out to perform for the Philistines and he did.  What did he do?
4-When Samson pulled down the pillars and killed so many people, did his wife also die?
5-If Samuel's sons had followed in his ways, would the people have still wanted a king over them?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-The prophet Balaam could not see the Lord's angel, but his donkey could.  What was it about the angel that made the donkey turn away?
Answer for today    He was holding a drawn sword   Numbers 22:22-35
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Philippians 4:12-13
 12 I know how to live when I am poor, and I know how to live when I have plenty. I have learned the secret of being happy at any time in everything that happens, when I have enough to eat and when I go hungry, when I have more than I need and when I do not have enough. 13 I can do all things through Christ, because he gives me strength.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying man
Jesus, we want to fix our eyes, our thoughts, and our affections on You, our blessed Redeemer.  Though You faced enormous opposition that would provide understandable excuse for altering Your redemption plan, nevertheless You endured the cross and scorned it’s shame. Thank you that you died for our sins and rose in victory and returned to Your Father to sit at His right hand. When we consider the depth of Your commitment we’re even more determined to be faithful in the night seasons of our Christian walk.  Help us to endure by keeping our eyes, not on that which is seen, but on the unseen future rewards that You promise to those who are faithful.  We pray this in Your name.  Amen.
 
 
 

SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!



No comments: