Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thursday April 24, 2014 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-You must live your best, act your best and think your best today, for today is the sure preparation for tomorrow and all the other tomorrows that follow-
2-I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.  I choose which it will be-
3-Dear God, keep me from having my life so full of good things that I don't have time for the best-
4-Harmful words create hurtful memories-
5-"I will try to walk a blameless path, but how I need your help, especially in my own home, where I long to act as I should"-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Why is it that no plastic bag will open from the end you first try?
 
I'VE LEARNED-Collect moments, not things-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Sweden has the least number or murders annually-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Solomon write all the proverbs?
2-Why is there mentioned so often in scripture "The fear of the Lord" and what does it mean?
3-Is this proverb completely true, "Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it"?
4-Are all proverbs of wisdom true?
5-If Solomon was so wise why couldn't he follow the ways of the Lord, but drifted off into idolatry?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Elijah was nurtured by an angel after his flight from Israel's evil queen.  Who was the queen?
Answer for today    Jezebel   1 Kings 19:1-8
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   1 Peter 3:15-16
15 But respect Christ as the holy Lord in your hearts. Always be ready to answer everyone who asks you to explain about the hope you have, 16 but answer in a gentle way and with respect. Keep a clear conscience so that those who speak evil of your good life in Christ will be made ashamed.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Thankful man
Father, You made Jesus who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God. Nothing within ourselves or our works could elevate us to such a lofty position nor could it open the door to salvation or obtain for us the eternal dwelling Jesus is preparing for all who follow Him. All our soul’s diseases are submerged in the life giving blood of the Lamb who was slain once and for all for our sins. We thank You for breaking the chains that bound us to an evil taskmaster and setting us free to live an abundant life here and now and even more fully in the hereafter. We thank You for Christ who made it all possible. It is in His name that we pray. Amen.
 
 
 

MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!



No comments: