Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wednesday April 23, 2014 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-We are here to add what we can to, not what we can get from life-
2-Life becomes harder for us when we live for others, but it also becomes richer and happier-
3-One of the most tragic things about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living-
4-Don't dream of some magical rose garden over the horizon, rather enjoy the roses that are blooming just outside your own window-
5-Today is a most unusual day because we have never lived it before, we will never live it again, it is the only day we have-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Why do people keep going over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum cleaner one more chance-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Sometimes when things seem to be falling apart, they may actually be falling into place-
 
DID YOU KNOW-About 43 percent of convicted criminals in the United States are rearrested within a year of being released from prison-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How was Solomon determined to be the wisest man who ever lived to that time?
2-Has any man had greater wisdom than Solomon since he died?
3-Did Solomon's wisdom come from knowledge, experience or a divine gift?
4-In Solomon's day did gold have any inherent value as it was used as a construction material?
5-What is the Egyptian teaching of amen-em-opet?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-This man's mother was visited by the angel of the Lord, who told her she would have a son who would be dedicated as a Nazarite.  Who was he?
Answer for today   Samson   Judges 13:1-20
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Hebrews 4:16
 Let us, then, feel very sure that we can come before God’s throne where there is grace. There we can receive mercy and grace to help us when we need it.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Thankful man
Jesus, You reign over all the earth and You also reign in my heart!  What an awesome blessing this truth brings to me today. As I consider that it is not by my might, nor by my power, but by the Spirit of the Lord of Hosts that my personal mountains are removed. Jesus, I know that most of the mountains that block my path are not moved by a simple prayer of faith, but these mountains are often the very essence of how You work through my life to reveal Your faithfulness and Your power in the midst of my struggles. You develop godly character as I am challenged to remain steadfast and faithful in my Christian walk. You make my feet like hind’s feet that enable me to walk upon high places. Help me to keep my gaze continually upward during the climb so that I see You reigning on Your throne as I bring You glory and honor!  Amen.
 
 

LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!



No comments: