Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday January 24, 2014 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-There is a difference in a trial we endure and a temptation-
2-Two things are sure, the deceptive lure of sin and the forgiving grace of God-
3-What controls your mind eventually comes out in your life-
4-Act as if what you do makes a difference, for it does-
5-Hate cannot drive out hate only love can do that-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect-
 
I'VE LEARNED-When you are trying to solve a problem, fix the problem not the blame-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Camels have three eyelids to protect their eyes from blowing sand-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What is called the "fifth gospel" and why?
2-Was it God's original intent for Adam and Eve and descendants to never die?
3-What is a song about sex with no mention of God doing as a part of the Bible?
4-Is there a story line to the Song of Solomon?
5-Could it be possible that someone besides Solomon wrote the Song of Solomon, a woman perhaps?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who had confessed to God that he had done wrong in taking a census of Israel?
Answer for today    David  2 Samuel 24:10
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY  1 Peter 2:11-12
11 Dear friends, you are like foreigners and strangers in this world. I beg you to avoid the evil things your bodies want to do that fight against your soul. 12 People who do not believe are living all around you and might say that you are doing wrong. Live such good lives that they will see the good things you do and will give glory to God on the day when Christ comes again.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Thankful manFather, because You are the true, eternal and living God I can commit my past to You, and entrust my present needs to You.  I’m so glad the Word of God declares that You are the great “I AM”, not “I was.”  As my issues change and my needs grow You are present to meet every situation I bring before You. I place my confidence in You as I remain steadfast and faithful, abounding in my relationship with You, my true, living and eternally great God. Amen.


SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!


No comments: