Thursday, January 02, 2014

Thursday January 2, 2014 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-It is better to be disliked for who you are than to be respected for who you are not-
2-Increases in material stuff has a decreasing effect in it's ability to bring joy-
3-Don't let what you cannot do influence what you can do-
4-Often, the only way around is through-
5-They who are loved are not poor-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-When you try to show to someone that something will not work, it will-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Wisdom is the art of knowing what to overlook -
 
DID YOU KNOW-The part of the foot of a horse between the fetlock and the hoof is called the pastern-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Do prophesies have to come true to be prophesies?
2-How do you reconcile Jonah's failed prophecy with Deuteronomy 18:20?
3-Is God eager to forgive and slow to punish?
4-Is God always long suffering?
5-Is God's justice always balanced by his merciful grace?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who put a curse on Cain and made him a wanderer?
Answer for today     God  Genesis 4:11
 
Scripture for today    Psalm 119:33-40
33 Lord, teach me your demands,
    And I will keep them until the end.
34 Help me understand, so I can keep your teachings,
    Obeying them with all my heart.
35 Lead me in the path of your commands,
    Because that makes me happy.
36 Make me want to keep your rules
    Instead of wishing for riches.
37 Keep me from looking at worthless things.
    Let me live by your word.
38 Keep your promise to me, your servant,
    So you will be respected.
39 Take away the shame I fear,
    Because your laws are good.
40 How I want to follow your orders.
    Give me life because of your goodness.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Thankful manFather, Glory to God In the Highest! The Latin expression the angels echoed from the heavens, “Gloria in excelsis deo” is also the refrain from our hearts this Christmas. Although more than 2,000 years have passed since that glorious announcement was hailed to the shepherds in the fields, we continue to sing its refrain in our celebration of Your wondrous birth. May we never cease to be in awe and wonder of Your coming to earth to become the Son of Man so that we could become sons of God!



MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!


THIS IS WHAT THE CHRIST CHILD HAD TO LOOK FORWARD TO-

No comments: