Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday January 25, 2014 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-The Spirit of God uses the Word of God to make us like the Son of God-
2-Never be ashamed of the scars life has left you with, for a scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed, you endured the pain and God has healed you-
3-Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced-
4-Failure prompts a person to rethink the status quo-
5-The truth is found when you are free to pursue it-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Blaming is a form of judging-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Traveling at a rate of two to three miles per hour, camels can carry five hundred to one thousand pounds on their backs. They are able to keep up this pace for six or seven hours a day-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is the Bible book Song of Solomon to be understood as a human celebration of love or as a symbol of spiritual love between Jesus and the church?
2-What is the point of human life?
3-What are the ways in which people measure their worth?
4-Why did the writer of the book of Ecclesiastes come to the conclusion "everything is vanity"?
5-If the book of Ecclesiastes is written in Hebrew, why does it have a Greek title?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who confessed his denial of Jesus?
Answer for today    Peter   Matthew 26:75
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY      1 Peter 4:7-11
The time is near when all things will end. So think clearly and control yourselves so you will be able to pray. Most importantly, love each other deeply, because love will cause people to forgive each other for many sins. Open your homes to each other, without complaining. 10 Each of you has received a gift to use to serve others. Be good servants of God’s various gifts of grace. 11 Anyone who speaks should speak words from God. Anyone who serves should serve with the strength God gives so that in everything God will be praised through Jesus Christ. Power and glory belong to him forever and ever. Amen.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Thankful manFather, it’s my desire to have the same Mindset as William Featherston who, following his conversion at the young age of 18, penned these words of commitment both in life and in death: “I’ll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death, And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath; And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow, If ever I loved thee, My Jesus ’tis now.” Whether I’m young or old, healthy or sick, wealthy or poor, I choose to prepare my heart for eternity here and now so that I will be assured of endless delight as I draw my first breath in heaven. I want to be prepared, persevering and prayerful while I take my long but brief hike here below. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.


TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BLESSING. BE A FRIEND. ENCOURAGE SOMEONE. TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND!

No comments: