Sunday, January 05, 2014

Sunday january 5, 2014 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-We cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are-
2-You have never really lived until you have done something for someone who can never pay you back-
3-Work for a cause, not applause-
4-Live life to express, not to impress-
5-Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Technology is dominated by those who manage what they do not understand-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Worship is not about what building you occupy, it is about who occupies you-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Though small, the Shetland pony is strong,  it was once used to haul heavy cars in coal mines-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-The people of Edom and the Israelites were descendents from the same person Isaac.  So why were they such bitter blood enemies?
2-Was Obadiah the name of the writer of the book of this name or just a description of the writer?
3-Who was the poor man's prophet?
4-Does peace and prosperity mean God is blessing you?
5-What was Amos the prophet's real job?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-According to Paul, what was put under a curse because of man' sin?
Answer for today-   Nature  8:19-22
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Psalm 119:97-104
97 How I love your teachings!
    I think about them all day long.
98 Your commands make me wiser than my enemies,
    Because they are mine forever.
99 I am wiser than all my teachers,
    Because I think about your rules.
100 I have more understanding than the elders,
    Because I follow your orders.
101 I have avoided every evil way
    So I could obey your word.
102 I haven’t walked away from your laws,
    Because you yourself are my teacher.
103 Your promises are sweet to me,
    Sweeter than honey in my mouth!
104 Your orders give me understanding,
    So I hate lying ways.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Thankful manFather, You have taught us to be very careful how we live, not as unwise but as wise followers of Jesus, the very essence of Truth. In today’s society of noncommittal attitudes or “whatever rings your bell” way of thinking (or non-thinking) we choose to be committed, sober, and vigilant about the way we live our lives in accordance to what we believe. We walk as sensible, thinking people with a due sense of responsibility, not as those who don’t know or care about the meaning of life here or the life yet to come. We care deeply about the temporal and eternal destiny of our lives and therefore we seek Your kingdom and Your righteousness above all. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.


I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!



No comments: