Friday, January 03, 2014

Friday January 3, 2014 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-The joy of Christmas is based on the truth that God loves us, God is with us and God is for us-
2-Success is often a matter of hanging on after others have let go-
3-To be in your children's memories, you have to be in their lives today-
4-God sent Jesus on a mission of love with a message of hope-
5-Everyday holds the possibility for a miracle-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Anything is possible if you don't know what you're talking about-
I'VE LEARNED-Failure is a temporary condition.  Giving up is what makes it permanent-
DID YOU KNOW-Today's oldest form of horse is the Przewalski, or Mongolian Wild Horse.  Survivors of this breed were discovered in the Gobi Desert in 1881-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Can Godly miracles always be understood?
2-Why should we believe the story of Jonah and the big fish as being literally true and not a parable?
3-Was Jonah in the big fish for three days and three nights?
4-Was Jesus in his tomb for three days and three nights?
5-If Jonah's story is true and the Ninevites became a changed people, are there any historical records from Ninevah to that effect?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What son of Josiah was cursed by God?
Answer for today   Jehoiakim    Jeremiah 22:18, 36:30
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY  Psalm 119:57-64
57 Lord, you are my share in life;
    I have promised to obey your words.
58 I prayed to you with all my heart.
    Have mercy on me as you have promised.
59 I thought about my life,
    And I decided to follow your rules.
60 I hurried and did not wait
    To obey your commands.
61 Wicked people have tied me up,
    But I have not forgotten your teachings.
62 In the middle of the night, I get up to thank you
    Because your laws are right.
63 I am a friend to everyone who fears you,
    To anyone who obeys your orders.
64 Lord, your love fills the earth.
    Teach me your demands.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Thankful manFather, even as You spoke to the prophets of long ago You still speak to the hearts of Your people. You’ve called us out from among the world to stand for righteousness in a godless society. You will not be silenced in a world full of noisy gongs and clanging symbols. As we contemplate the Christmas story young Mary is a prime example of one whose yielded heart withstood the ridicule and awkwardness of her special role in the conception and birth of the Savior of the world. You continue to speak to us who choose to fear the law of God rather than the law of man. Help us to turn our ears away from perishable and worthless noisy gongs. Instead captivate our hearts for all eternity toward Emmanuel, God with us.


SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!



No comments: