Saturday, January 11, 2014

Saturday January 11, 2014 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Confidence comes not from always being right, but from not fearing to be wrong-
2-Being happy does not mean that everything is perfect-
3-Knowing is not enough. Willing is not enough.  We must do-
4-It is choice, more than chance that determines your destiny-
5-The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, not who people think you are-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Some people go by the book, even thought they don't know what book or even who wrote it-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Going out is good, coming home is even better-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Rhinos are in the same family as horses and are thought to have inspired the myth of the unicorn-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What is the most bizarre request God made of any prophet in the bible?
2-Why were so many Jews attracted to the Canaanite god baal?
3-Was the story of Hosea marrying a prostitute an actual literal happening or just a story with a good moral?
4-Why didn't many early Rabbis and early church leaders believe the story of Hosea and Gomer?
5-After receiving the 10 commandments, what was the number one rule for the Hebrews?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said that people who taught a false gospel would be cursed?
Answer for today    Paul   Galatians 1:8
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Luke 5:27-32
27 After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector named Levi sitting in the tax collector’s booth. Jesus said to him, “Follow me!” 28 So Levi got up, left everything, and followed him.
29 Then Levi gave a big dinner for Jesus at his house. Many tax collectors and other people were eating there, too. 30 But the Pharisees and the men who taught the law for the Pharisees began to complain to Jesus’ followers, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”
31 Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy people who need a doctor, but the sick. 32 I have not come to invite good people but sinners to change their hearts and lives.”

PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Thankful man  Father, in certain situations I am fearful when I am called upon to take a stand for righteousness. When You compel me like you did Esther to do or say something that’s not within my comfort zone I become fearful of the outcome which prevents me from stepping out in faith and following through with an obedient heart. Would You remind me that there is great blessing when I follow Your leading. In my heart take me back to Biblical models of those who stood without compromise and remained faithful no matter the consequence. Help me not to fear the outcome, for that is in Your hands. Thank You for entrusting me to be a part of your grand purpose. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.


TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BLESSING. BE A FRIEND. ENCOURAGE SOMEONE. TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND.


No comments: