Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday November 21, 2014 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-A boasting tongue reveals an insecure heart-
2-An overactive tongue reveals an unsettled heart-
3-A judgmental tongue reveals a guilty heart-
4-A critical tongue reveals a bitter heart-
5-A filthy tongue reveals an impure heart-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-People don't fall into temptation.  Thy stand at the edge of temptation and peer into the abyss-
 
I'VE LEARNED-A person will worship something-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Glass flutes do not expand with humidity, so their owners are spared the nuisance of tuning them-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Jesus promise great punishment by God unless we are forgiving to others from our heart?
2-Jesus told the Pharisees "I pass judgement on no one".  Wasn't he very harsh on them in many places?
3-In John Jesus said "I am going away and you will look for me and you will not find me".  What did Jesus mean?
4-In John Jesus said "I have other sheep that are not of this fold".  What did he mean?
5-In John Jesus says " I pass judgment on no one".  In the next chapter  he says "For judgment I have come into the world".  Why the seeming contradiction?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-How did Elisha raise the Shunammite woman's son from the dead?
Answer for today   he stretched his body out on the boy's body   2 Kings 4:32-37
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    Isaiah 41:10
10 So don’t worry, because I am with you.
    Don’t be afraid, because I am your God.
I will make you strong and will help you;
    I will support you with my right hand that saves you.
 
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 Praying man Father, it seems in this pluralistic society that many people waver between two opinions, therefore dividing their loyalties. Elijah challenged the people of his day, “If the Lord is God, follow Him”. Help me to thirst and hunger for Your Living Word where I find convincing truths to assure me, “This is the way. Walk in it.” I want to keep my heart fixed upon You and my mind certain of Your truths in this age where false religions abound and the broad way continues to widen. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life and I gain entry to You, my Father, only through Jesus the Son. I’ve got a made up mind and I’m going to follow You during the good and the bad times, the lean and plentiful periods. Whether I stand with many or stand alone, I choose to wholeheartedly follow You. In the name of Jesus I pray.  Amen.
 
SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

No comments: