Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday June 15, 2009 thought for the day

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Humility claimed is pride renamed-
2-Humility is a telltale sign of Christian discipleship-
3-In genuine Christianity, one person is not more important than another-
4-Age is like money, it isn't what you've spent but how much you have left-
5-You can't demand respect, you can only earn it-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Where in your brain is a memory before and after you are aware of it?
I'VE LEARNED-Success is being and doing your very best-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is a person's mind renewed when they are "saved"?
2-Is the renewing of your mind a process or an act?
3-Since the early church spread under perilous conditions and todays church seems to be ineffective in spreading the Gospel, do we have the same power as they did?
4-Since Luke is the only non Jewish author of scripture, how, when and where did he become a follower of Jesus?
5-How could Luke trace the genealogical roots from Jesus back to Adam without written records?
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY PSALMS 22:1-8
1 My God, my God, why have you rejected me? You seem far from saving me far from the words of my groaning.
2 My God, I call to you during the day, but you do not answer. I call at night; I am not silent.
3 You sit as the Holy One. The praises of Israel are your throne.
4 Our ancestors trusted you; they trusted, and you saved them.
5 They called to you for help and were rescued. They trusted you and were not disappointed.
6 But I am like a worm instead of a man. People make fun of me and hate me.
7 Those who look at me laugh. They stick out their tongues and shake their heads.
8 They say, "Turn to the Lord for help. Maybe he will save you. If he likes you, maybe he will rescue you."
I wish you a day filled with love, laughter, forgiveness and thanksgiving-jasper




No comments: