Thursday, June 04, 2009

Thursday June 4, 2009 thought for the day

FRIENDS

Here are my thoughts for today
1-It is better to master one mountain than a thousand foothills-
2-The greatness of a man's power is the measure of his surrender to his creator-
3-It is not a question of who you are but whether God controls you-
4-Give yourself to God for he can do more with you than you can-
5-God is not looking for eloquence, perfection and drama, he is looking for faith and obedience-

Strange thought-Would you die without getting sleep?

I've learned-Kindness is the oil that take the friction out of life-

5 things I want to know
1-When bad things happen is it God's plan or permissive will?
2-Is it true that God never gives you more than you can handle?
3-Did God know ahead of time that his creation would turn against him?
4-Why do we go to church?
5-Why did the early church think that Jesus would return in their lifetime?

Scripture for today Psalms 17:1-7
1 Lord, hear me begging for fairness; listen to my cry for help. Pay attention to my prayer because I speak the truth.
2 You will judge that I am right; your eyes can see what is true.
3 You have examined my heart; you have tested me all night. You questioned me without finding anything wrong; I have not sinned with my mouth.
4 I have obeyed your commands, so I have not done what evil people do.
5 I have done what you told me; I have not failed.
6 I call to you, God, and you answer me. Listen to me now, and hear what I say.
7 Your love is wonderful. By your power you save those who trust you from their enemies.

I wish you a day filled with love, laughter, forgiveness and thanksgiving-jasper


These are beautiful hands--they remind me of my mother's hands-

No comments: