Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Wednesday June 3, 2009 thought for the day



FRIENDS

Here are my thoughts for today
1-It is in getting that we make a living, but it is in giving that we make a life-
2-Winter is the season in which people try to keep the house as warm as it was in the summer when they complained about the heat-
3-The mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain, he is inspired by it-
4-The persistent winner is not discouraged by a problem, he is challenged by it-
5-Mountains are there to be conquered, adversities are for defeating, problems are to be solved-

Strange thought-How long is it possible for a person to stay awake and function without taking any stimulants?

I've learned-Duty makes us do things well, love makes us do them beautifully-

5 things I want to know
1-How do we know for sure we have interpreted Jesus's teachings correctly?
2-Does having good self esteem play any part in our salvation?
3-Should Christians try to position themselves in positions of power within our culture?
4-Can we make Christianity too easy to believe, can we make it too hard to believe?
5-How do you know if and when you have wisdom?

Scripture for today Psalms 16
1 Protect me, God, because I trust in you.
2 I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord. Every good thing I have comes from you."
3 As for the godly people in the world, they are the wonderful ones I enjoy.
4 But those who turn to idols will have much pain. I will not offer blood to those idols or even speak their names.
5 No, the Lord is all I need. He takes care of me.
6 My share in life has been pleasant; my part has been beautiful.
7 I praise the Lord because he advise me. Even at night, I feel his leading.
8 I keep the Lord before me always. Because he is close by my side, I will not be hurt.
9 So I rejoice and am glad. Even my body has hope,
10 because you will not leave me in the grave.
11 You will teach me how to live a holy life. Being with you will fill me with joy; at your right hand I will find pleasure forever.

I wish you a day filled with love, laughter, forgiveness and thanksgiving-jasper





No comments: