Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday June 24, 2011 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-We have no right to withhold from God what is already his-
2-It is easier to resist than to recover-
3-Christians never meet for the last time-
4-Give what you need and your need will be supplied-
5-The happiest people make the most of what they have, not the ones who have the most-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Often there is so much good in bad and bad in good that it is hard to tell the difference-
I'VE LEARNED-You can't get to where you need to be until you first know where you are-
DID YOU KNOW-M&Ms stand for the last names of Forest Mars Sr., the sweet maker, and his associate, Bruce Murrie. The candy was developed so soldiers could eat sweets without getting their fingers sticky-
5 THINGS I W ANT TO KNOW
1-Can we ever understand how much Jesus loves us?
2-If the church has the answers to life's questions, why is it so ineffective at reaching people who need them?
3-Can we lose Jesus and not know he is gone?
4-Can we leave Jesus and not know it?
5-Where and how did Jesus live the 3 days his parents had left him behind in Jerusalem?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who was David's first wife?
Yesterday's answer-Hannah 1 Samuel 1:13-14
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Ephesians 4:1-6
Paul's Work in Telling the Good News
1 So I, Paul, am a prisoner of Christ Jesus for you who are not Jews. 2 Surely you have heard that God gave me this work to tell you about his grace. 3 He let me know his secret by showing it to me. I have already written a little about this.4 If you read what I wrote then, you can see that I truly understand the secret about the Christ.5 People who lived in other times were not told that secret. But now, through the Spirit, God has shown that secret to his holy apostles and prophets.6 This is that secret: that through the Good News those who are not Jews will share with the Jews in God's blessing. They belong to the same body, and they share together in the promise that God made in Christ Jesus.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Prayer for the Morning

I call upon you, O Lord. In the morning you hear me; in the morning I offer you my prayer, watching and waiting.

I lift my heart to you, O Lord, to be strengthened for this day. Be with me in all I do, my God; guide me in all my ways.

I will carry some burdens today; some trials will be mine. So I wait for your help, Lord, lest I stumble and fall.

I will do my work, Father, the work begun by your Son. He lives in me and I in him; may his work today be done.

Amen.
WISHING YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE....ALWAYS!!!




No comments: