Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday June 26, 2011 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Acute morality is not necessarily a symptom of godliness-
2-Faith is believing before seeing-
3-Spiritual pride replaces trust-
4-The praise of men is not necessarily God's approval-
5-Following the American dream is not the same as following the way of the cross-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Does a one armed man shop at a 2nd hand store?
I'VE LEARNED-It can be wrong when it feels so right-
DID YOU KNOW-The top layer of a wedding cake, known as the groom's cake, is usually a fruit cake so it will last until the couple's first anniversary, when they will eat it-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why have Christians throughout all of history been willing to die for their faith?
2-Is it really important which day of the week is our "Sabbath" day as long as we keep it every seven days?
3-Is there truth in the statement-"As the Sabbath goes, so goes the nation"?
4-Where did the term "personal relationship with Jesus" come from?
5-Can you be "radical" for Jesus?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What name was shared by one of David's wives and one of his mothers-in-law?
Yesterday's answer-Abishag 1 Kings 1:3, 15
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Ephesians 3:14-21
The Love of Christ
14 So I bow in prayer before the Father15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth gets its true name.16 I ask the Father in his great glory to give you the power to be strong inwardly through his Spirit.17 I pray that Christ will live in your hearts by faith and that your life will be strong in love and be built on love.18 And I pray that you and all God's holy people will have the power to understand the greatness of Christ's love—how wide and how long and how high and how deep that love is.19 Christ's love is greater than anyone can ever know, but I pray that you will be able to know that love. Then you can be filled with the fullness of God.

20 With God's power working in us, God can do much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine.21 To him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus for all time, forever and ever. Amen.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Lord, give me the strength to greet the coming day in peace. Help me in all things to rely on Your holy will. Reveal Your will to me every hour of the day. Bless my dealings with all people. Teach me to treat all people who come to me throughout the day with peace of soul and with firm conviction that Your will governs all. In all my deeds and words guide my thoughts and feelings. In unexpected events, let me not forget that all are sent by you.

Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without embittering and embarrassing others. Give me the physical strength to bear the labors of this day. Direct my will, teach me to pray, pray in me.

Amen.
WISHING YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!



No comments: