Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday June 20, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-God doesn't reveal his master plan but he does reveal himself-
2-To be successful you need one blind eye and one deaf ear-
3-Courage is not stored-
4-How would Jesus do your job?
5-My identity is formed by my being a child of God-
STRANGE THOUGHT-The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread-
I'VE LEARNED-Life is empty without friendships-
DID YOU KNOW-Too much caffeine can cause heart palpitations-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why did Joseph believe the angel of God concerning Mary and the baby Jesus?
2-Can you practice righteousness and holiness?
3-Is there a difference in swearing and cursing?
4-Is suffering the cost of discipleship?
5-What is most important--what Jesus said or what Jesus did?
BIBLE TRIVIA-At whose house did Peter confront maids who asked him if he was one of Jesus' disciples?
Yesterday's answer-Delilah Judges 16:5
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Ephesians 1:15-23
Paul's Prayer
15 That is why since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God's people,16 I have not stopped giving thanks to God for you. I always remember you in my prayers,17 asking the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, to give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation so that you will know him better.18 I pray also that you will have greater understanding in your heart so you will know the hope to which he has called us and that you will know how rich and glorious are the blessings God has promised his holy people.19 And you will know that God's power is very great for us who believe. That power is the same as the great strength20 God used to raise Christ from the dead and put him at his right side in the heavenly world.21 God has put Christ over all rulers, authorities, powers, and kings, and every title that can be given, not only in this world but also in the next.22 God put everything under his power and made him the head over everything for the church,23 which is Christ's body. The church is filled with Christ, and Christ fills everything in every way.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Prayer for Grace and Strength

Lord God, I pray that you will fill my heart with the blessing of your Holy Spirit. Grant me this day the strength to be temperate in all things, diligent in my duties, and patient under my afflictions. Direct me in all my ways. Give me grace to be just and upright in all my dealings; quiet and peaceable; full of compassion; and ready to do good to all people, according to my abilities and opportunities. For the sake of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ,

Amen.
GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!


No comments: