Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Wednesday June 8, 2011 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Most resolutions are in one year and out the other-
2-The less time you have, the more you get done-
3-The person wrapped up in himself is overdressed-
4-Discipline is its own reward-
5-Courage is hanging on one minute more-
STRANGE THOUGHT-H2O is hot water, C2O is cold water-
I'VE LEARNED-Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely-
DID YOU KNOW-Seeds are missing from a navel orange. The bigger the navel, the sweeter the orange-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why is it the ones we love the most are the ones we are most impatient with?
2-Since grace cannot be deserved, why should I feel others are more important of it than I?
3-Is there ever a time when God is not in control?
4-Is God always in control in everything all the time?
5-How do you "live by he Spirit"?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What daughter of Jacob caused major problems by venturing into strange territory?
Yesterday's answer-Rachel Genesis 34
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Colossians 1:15-23
The Importance of Christ
15 No one can see God, but Jesus Christ is exactly like him. He ranks higher than everything that has been made.16 Through his power all things were made—things in heaven and on earth, things seen and unseen, all powers, authorities, lords, and rulers. All things were made through Christ and for Christ.17 He was there before anything was made, and all things continue because of him.18 He is the head of the body, which is the church. Everything comes from him. He is the first one who was raised from the dead. So in all things Jesus has first place.19 God was pleased for all of himself to live in Christ.20 And through Christ, God has brought all things back to himself again—things on earth and things in heaven. God made peace through the blood of Christ's death on the cross.

21 At one time you were separated from God. You were his enemies in your minds, and the evil things you did were against God.22 But now God has made you his friends again. He did this through Christ's death in the body so that he might bring you into God's presence as people who are holy, with no wrong, and with nothing of which God can judge you guilty.23 This will happen if you continue strong and sure in your faith. You must not be moved away from the hope brought to you by the Good News that you heard. That same Good News has been told to everyone in the world, and I, Paul, help in preaching that Good News.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Lord, you have brought me to the beginning of a new day. As the world is renewed fresh and clean, so I ask you to renew my heart with your strength and purpose. Forgive me the errors of yesterday and bless me to walk closer in your way today. This is the day I begin my life anew; shine through me so that every person I meet may feel your presence in my soul. Take my hand, precious Lord, for I cannot make it by myself. Through Christ I pray and live,

Amen.
GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!



No comments: