Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday June 14, 2011 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-It is easy to be brave from a distance-
2-Being kind is more important than being right-
3-Peace is like a baby falling asleep in your arms-
4-Don't give up-Moses was once a basket case-
5-Having one person say to me "You've made my day" makes my day-
STRANGE THOUGHT-A fossil is an extinct animal. The older it is the more extinct it is-
I'VE LEARNED-Never ignore a gut feeling, but never believe it is enough-
DID YOU KNOW-Tomatina is the legendary Spanish tomato throwing festival-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW-
1-SWhat does it mean "Jesus in my heart"?
2-Where is a person's spiritual heart?
3-Are you ever too old to learn or grow?
4-Have we lost our shame and guilt over our sins?
5-Does the church have a special responsibility to be holy in our sinful culture?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What woman was married to a fool with a name that meant "fool"?
Yesterday's answer-Miriam
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Colossians 3:12-17
12 God has chosen you and made you his holy people. He loves you. So you should always clothe yourselves with mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. 13 Bear with each other, and forgive each other. If someone does wrong to you, forgive that person because the Lord forgave you. 14 Even more than all this, clothe yourself in love. Love is what holds you all together in perfect unity. 15 Let the peace that Christ gives control your thinking, because you were all called together in one body to have peace. Always be thankful.16 Let the teaching of Christ live in you richly. Use all wisdom to teach and instruct each other by singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God.17 Everything you do or say should be done to obey Jesus your Lord. And in all you do, give thanks to God the Father through Jesus.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

I bless you for the day you have made, Mighty Lord God, and pray that I may spend this day rejoicing in your creation. I pray for your Holy Spirit to fill me with the joy of my salvation, so that your light may shine through me into the world, that your honor and glory may be known to all people.

Remind me of your blessings, I pray, with every tribulation I may face, so that I may act with energy, forgiveness and love, ever mindful of the grace You have shown to me. Through Christ I pray,

GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!




No comments: