Friday, June 03, 2011

Friday June 3, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-What happens in the mind will happen in time-
2-Your life always moves in the direction of your strongest thoughts-
3-Stop looking at what you can see and start looking at what you can have-
4-Just because you are living does not mean you have a life-
5-Faith in faith is not faith, it is idolatry-
STRANGE THOUGHT-People who fly into a rage always make a bad landing-
I'VE LEARNED-A fine is a tax for having done wrong, a tax is a fine for having done well-
DID YOU KNOW-Cranberries are sorted for ripeness by bouncing them. A fully ripened cranberry can be dribbled like a basketball-
5 THINGS I W ANT TO KNOW
1-Is the name satan both an old and new testament name?
2-Is "devil" a correct translation of the word "satan"?
3-Where did the concept of a red devil come from and is it scriptural?
4-In the old testament, God didn't want his people to be tolerant of other religions, so what about today? Are Christians to be tolerant of other religious beliefs?
5-Can Christians be happy in heaven when their loved ones are in hell?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Which epistle is addressed to a woman?
Yesterday's answer-2 Timothy 3:6-7
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Philippians 3:1-11
The Importance of Christ
1 My brothers and sisters, be full of joy in the Lord. It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it will help you to be more ready.2 Watch out for those who do evil, who are like dogs, who demand to cut the body.3 We are the ones who are truly circumcised. We worship God through his Spirit, and our pride is in Christ Jesus. We do not put trust in ourselves or anything we can do,4 although I might be able to put trust in myself. If anyone thinks he has a reason to trust in himself, he should know that I have greater reason for trusting in myself.5 I was circumcised eight days after my birth. I am from the people of Israel and the tribe of Benjamin. I am a Hebrew, and my parents were Hebrews. I had a strict view of the law, which is why I became a Pharisee.6 I was so enthusiastic I tried to hurt the church. No one could find fault with the way I obeyed the law of Moses.7 Those things were important to me, but now I think they are worth nothing because of Christ.8 Not only those things, but I think that all things are worth nothing compared with the greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. Because of him, I have lost all those things, and now I know they are worthless trash. This allows me to have Christ9 and to belong to him. Now I am right with God, not because I followed the law, but because I believed in Christ. God uses my faith to make me right with him.10 I want to know Christ and the power that raised him from the dead. I want to share in his sufferings and become like him in his death.11 Then I have hope that I myself will be raised from the dead.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

O GOD, whose fatherly care reaches to the uttermost parts of the earth; I humbly beseech you graciously to behold and bless those whom I love, now absent from me. Defend them from all dangers of soul and body; and grant that both they and I, drawing nearer to you, may be bound together by your love in the communion of your Holy Spirit, and in the fellowship of the faithful; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.
GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!


No comments: