Saturday, June 04, 2011

Saturday June 4, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-God does not pay every week but he does pay at the end-
2-Don't hoard without sharing, don't discipline without loving,don't lecture without listening-
3-No matter how much you know, you don't know it all-
4-Holiness is spiritual health-
5-The one thing we can give and keep at the same time is our word-
STRANGE THOUGHT-How many times is it appropriate to say "what" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word someone said?
I'VE LEARNED-Rush hour is when everyone is at a standstill-
DID YOU KNOW-Cranberry jelly is the only jelly flavor that comes from the real fruit, not artificial flavoring-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Can we understand scripture as it was originally intended to mean or has cultures over time influenced it's intended meaning?
2-Can anyone be infallible in understanding and interpreting scripture?
3-How can we be sure we are not accepting false doctrines of scripture?
4-How can we be certain that today's Bible translations fully convey the correct meaning of the original languages?
5-What is the Hebrew and Greek meaning of the word "tongues"?
BIBLE TRIVIA-How many times does Eve's name appear in Genesis?
Yesterday's answer 2 John
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Philippians 3:12-21
Continuing Toward Our Goal
12 I do not mean that I am already as God wants me to be. I have not yet reached that goal, but I continue trying to reach it and to make it mine. Christ wants me to do that, which is the reason he made me his.13 Brothers and sisters, I know that I have not yet reached that goal, but there is one thing I always do. Forgetting the past and straining toward what is ahead,14 I keep trying to reach the goal and get the prize for which God called me through Christ to the life above.

15 All of us who are spiritually mature should think this way, too. And if there are things you do not agree with, God will make them clear to you.16 But we should continue following the truth we already have.

17 Brothers and sisters, all of you should try to follow my example and to copy those who live the way we showed you.18 Many people live like enemies of the cross of Christ. I have often told you about them, and it makes me cry to tell you about them now.19 In the end, they will be destroyed. They do whatever their bodies want, they are proud of their shameful acts, and they think only about earthly things.20 But our homeland is in heaven, and we are waiting for our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, to come from heaven. 21 By his power to rule all things, he will change our humble bodies and make them like his own glorious body.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

I call upon you, O Lord. In the morning you hear me; in the morning I offer you my prayer, watching and waiting.

I lift my heart to you, O Lord, to be strengthened for this day. Be with me in all I do, my God; guide me in all my ways.

I will carry some burdens today; some trials will be mine. So I wait for your help, Lord, lest I stumble and fall.

I will do my work, Father, the work begun by your Son. He lives in me and I in him; may his work today be done.

GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!



No comments: